Re: Off topic - was: Re: Problem with WRT54GL router

On 10/7/2014 11:09 AM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Tom Bishop wrote:

>>As another suggestion, you could try installing the Tomato firmware
>>rather than dd-wrt.  I used to run dd-wrt (on a v1.2 WRT-54GS) and had
>>similar stability issues; I've personally found Tomato
>>(http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato) to be more stable.
>
>+1 on tomato very stable, otherwise I would look to separate the
>wireless function from the router and run something like pfsense.
Do note that I thought I read that tomato was no longer under development.

the original tomato is not, but it works very well. The original tomato only runs on old school broadcom based WRT54's, not anything newer.

there are a few forks, notably "Shibby" and "Toastman" that are under active development, and run on a wider range of routers

http://tomato.groov.pl/
http://toastmanfirmware.yolasite.com/