Re: Centos 7 RAID tutorial?

On 10/09/14 06:45 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
Quoting Digimer <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On 10/09/14 05:35 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
On 09/10/2014 02:33 AM, Digimer wrote:
The problem with ZFS on linux is license related more than technical.
It exists for ubutnu so I can use it from a ppa for testing.
I would like to understand more about this license issue.
If you can sound me with more about it will help me understand the
issue.

Thanks,
Eliezer

http://zfsonlinux.org/faq.html#WhatAboutTheLicensingIssue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#Linux

--
Digimer
access to education?

Dear All,

This list reminds me of the wizards in the Terry Pratchett novels -
confronted with a need to take action they would by far rather discuss
all possibilities, however remote, than address the need in a simple
way, after all  they're WIZARDS.

The discussion has been pretty interesting, I've figured out what I
wanted to know through other means.

Thanks for the perspectives.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I can understand your feeling, but I need to say that "storage", as a topic, is a very big one. People form entire careers around the topic. So when discussing storage without a specific context, conversations like this are inevitable.

All the points that have been made in this thread are valid and important. So I suppose the better thing would be, if you were still looking for answers, would be to ask the question with a particular use-case in mind. That would allow people to stay more focused in their answers.

Cheers!

digimer

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?