Re: Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

On 07/07/2014 06:47 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Reading about systemd, it seems it is not well liked and reminiscent of
> Microsoft's "put everything into the Windows Registry" (Win 95 onwards).
>
> Is there a practical alternative to omnipresent, or invasive, systemd ?

The answer to this is no, replacing systemd with something else is just
way to invasive.

Since new versions of CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, Fedora, OpenSUSE,
Arch, Mageia and other Linux distros are all switching to systemd as the
default .. I would suggest that learning how to use it is going to be
the way to go.

Of course, there are alternatives, including using CentOS-6 until 2020.