Re: has anybody gotten horde working?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 09:56:46AM -0600, Nels Lindquist wrote:
> On 3/24/2014 3:17 PM, benfell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> What are you using as an authentication backend?  Many people with the
> simplest use case for Horde (single domain webmail; one server) set up
> the one required backend in IMP, and then allow Horde to use IMP for
> authentication, which in effect passes authentication for all of Horde
> through to the underlying mail server.

I was using the filesystem for the session-handling backend, and
dovecot for authentication. Dovecot was the only authentication
backend I could figure out how to get working.

For me at least, horde's documentation--especially on authentication
backends--doesn't even begin to approach adequacy.

--
David Benfell <benfell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the