Re: Can we trust RedHAt encryption tools?

On 07/01/2014 15:52, Steve Clark wrote:
On 01/07/2014 09:04 AM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
John Doe wrote:
After all the news about backdoors, "planted" bugs or weakened standards
in apps, in routers, hardware firmwares, etc... these days, can we trust
anything?
Can we trust the bios?

Can we trust the compiler not to stealthily inject a backdoor in the
compiled version of a clean code?Given that most entries from the The
International Obfuscated C Code Contest (http://www.ioccc.org/)
Yeah didn't Dennis Richie modify the C compiler to insert a backdoor for him when
ever the compiler saw login.c was being programmed?
I think that was ken...

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS