Re: Problem with touchpad

On 08/06/2013 05:20 PM, Ahmed wrote:
Hi there,

     i recently installed centos 6 64bit version on my HPProBook4530s
Laptop. After running full system update and system restarted, my touch
pad is not responding any more. How can i fix this problem?
Implication is that it was working before the update?
If so, reboot and load the prior kernel (select from grub menu)
Then can use lsmod to show what drivers are loaded, although if it is a precomipled driver it does not show. A reboot into the new kernel and a compare of the lsmod results should show the missing driver. If it is pre-compiled into the kernel, one will need to examine the kernel source docs to see what they changed - this will need help from someone else as I've only done this twice and it takes some steps that I do not recall.
HTH
Kind Regards