Xhosts file

I posted a question a few days back to see if anyone could tell me where
the default X0.hosts file should/does reside.  Searching the system
turns up nothing, and did not find any info in any of the man pages,
other than it would reside in /etc, but doesn't.  Setting a host access
permission does not become permanent, and I'd really like to find out
where the thing should be so I can solve that little irritant.

Thanks..

--
Snowman