anyone else noticed webalizer (or dns throughput in general) to be a lot slower lately?

my nightly webalizer runs have gone from about 2 hours to over 8 hours.
this change happened sometime after november. webalizer hasn't changed
in years, but bind was updated in january, so i am thinking that is the
likely culprit. has anyone else noticed a similar slowdown? i am going
to dig through my logs to see if i can spot the day that things slowed down.