Re: scp scripting question

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM,  <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> So, my manager, in zsh, can do the following:
>> scp -i =(ssh -qnx <snip> cat /etc/ks/ks_dsa) localfile server:/whereitgoes
>>

> I think you missed what I was asking, altogether. I want to do the same
> thing in bash....

I think you'll have to drop the key in a tmp file yourself.  Poking
around with strace a bit it looks like that is what zsh actually does
while bash gives what is essentially a named pipe where scp or ssh
will attempt a seek (???) and then fail to read.   The subsequent
prompt for a passphrase in nonsense - it has already given up and
closed it  by then.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx