Re: secure boot.

From: Jimmy Bradley <bmobile40@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>            I've been reading up some about the new "secure boot" that's
>coming out on new machines when MS releases Win 8. Has a workaround been
>developed yet for those of us who don't want to run windows? Typically,
>I mostly build my own desktops, and I install cent os right from the
>start, but sometimes I do buy a desktop, and naturally it comes with
>windows on it, so I have to do a wipe and load, to get rid of windows.

First, the manufacturer can/should decide to let the user enable/disable secure boot in the bios...

As for linux, from memory, different distributions chose different paths...
I think RedHat will apparently buy a key from verisign and Canonical has decided to use their own key.
I think they need to use non GPL boot loaders (to protect the key I guess), so no grub2...

JD