Virtual appliance - initial setup

Dear everyone,

I'm creating a virtual appliance based on CentOS 6.3 that will be
packaged as OVF. Is anyone aware of an existing solution for
post-deployment configuration (hostname, network settings and root
password as a minimum) other than editing config files by hand - I'd
like the process to be more user friendly than that if possible. Ideally
it should be hypervisor-independent. It seems that anaconda can only be
used during initial setup.

Thanks,
Deyan

--