Re: Oracle tries to capture CentOS users

On 07/20/2012 08:12 AM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> And I*love*  the chart... never mind that RH changed the build structure
> to give Oracle pain, and it hurt us

That change affects Oracle because they update and modify the kernel.
Since it's not pristine + patches like other SRPMs, Oracle has a moving
target and may need to manually fix each of the patches that they apply.

CentOS simply rebuilds the package, and I'm reasonably certain that I
recall statements from the CentOS maintainers that Red Hat's changes
don't affect their process.  I don't think your argument holds water.