Ways To Practice Breaking My System?

Hi All

I've been looking into some ways to break a CentOS system so I can
perform some simulated disaster recovery and get some hands-on practice
with rescue mode and other system recovery tools. I'm thinking to start
off with things like corrupting the password file with random
characters, breaking grub.conf.

I've been doing some research on the net, but would welcome any input
from list members. Does anybody have any creative suggestions for ways
to break the CentOS boot process?

Thanks in advance :)

Alex.