Re: A little confused with video drivers

17.1.2012 13:11, Phil Savoie kirjoitti:

> I have an HP Pavilion g series laptop with an ATI vision A6 video
> chipset. I tried elrepos ati driver but found that the laptop would
> freeze intermittently and frequently.  So I unloaded that driver and am
> running with nomodeset argument just to get a desktop.
>
> I went to the ATI site but am not sure what to try. Would anyone know
> which driver I could use that would work?

The drivers you installed from ELRepo are exactly the same ones that are
available from the AMD/ATI site, just repackaged for easy installation.
If the ELRepo drivers don't work, the same drivers directly from AMD
won't work either.

--
    Markku Kolkka
    markku.kolkka@xxxxxx