Re: duqu

On Dec 7, 2011, at 4:49 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> There is also use of denyhosts and fail2ban. They allow only few
>> attempts from one IP, and all users can share attacking IP's (default is
>> every 30 min) so you are automatically protected from known attacking
>> IP's. Any downside on this protection?
>
> No downside, and they do work.
----
I am a true believer and use denyhosts everywhere but to say there is no downside, that's not entirely true - I had a co-worker who was dyslexic, and you would be surprised how often he locked himself out  ;-)  Honestly, I don't know how he got a college degree in CIS being as dyslexic as he was.

Craig