SSH in and my terminal keystrokes are weird.......

Hi All,

I upgraded to OS X 10.7 on my laptop and when I try to ssh into my servers and do edits it seems my backspace is now weird. When I backspace it skips all around, inserts what looks to be special characters, etc. If I save and go back in the file edited right, but due to all the inserted garbage and skipping around of the cursor I cant tell at that time if what I did worked.

I dont recall this happening on Snow Leopard at all, but we did also upgrade to CentOS 6 and I honestly have no idea where this issue would be.

Can anyone provide any thoughts?

Todd