Mini-centOS

> notebook (P III 1G, 256MB RAM). I need gnome, firefox, openoffice,
My notebook is more old of you. I have a Celeron 500MHz whit 128Mb RAM and
4.7 Gb HDD, i run CentOS 4 (XFcee+OOorg2.0
beta+Firefox+Mplayer+XMMS+Gaim+much more).

For this configuration is very easy download the software of internet. I
install only the base system on my laptop, and less to less i will be a
compiler a diferent software. XFce is not necesary to compiler, because in
the any repository of CentOS it?s this software in the extra direcotry.
OOorg 2.0 exist the rpm binary on the Openoffice.org web site, and Mplayer
is very easy to install. Some software need the depend, but i catch in
this repositoryhttp://dag.wieers.com/packages/

> there any project that I could have a mini-centOS in the future???
Well i dont know about this, but i belive is not necesary a Mini-CentOS
because i get obtain that configuration whitout Mini-CentOS..

Regards,
David

ASLiC 100 % CUBANA- Software Libre es LIBERTAD.
Tec. David Gonzalez Romero
- Miembro Coordinador del Proyecto de
  Asociaci?n de Software Libre Cubana
- Activista del Grupo de Usuarios Linux-Habana
http://lihab.snap.cu/
Linux counter: 242534