CentOS 6 DVD install "Unable to read group information from repositories"

Tried my first CentOS 6 install on a system currently running 5.6.  My attempt was not an upgrade, but a full re-format.  I have verified the checksums of the ISO and did the pre-install disk verify and everything checked out.  However after the screen for setting up the bootloader I get the following error

"Unable to read group information from repositories.  This is a problem with the generation of your install tree"

With my only options being "Exit Install" and "Retry", but of course "Retry" continues to fail with the same message.

Basically I chose the first option in the menu for the DVD, install / upgrade, went through all the settings, did a custom layout for partitioning.  I basically told the installer to re-format my ext3 partitions to ext4 and set the mount points for / , /boot and swap.  Then after selecting "Next" from the bootloader configuration is when I get the above error.

Thanks
- Trey