Re: Installing from CD

On 07/12/2011 09:59 AM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

this machine can boot only from a ... HardDrive.  USB is not an
option.

What I did: Move said hard drive to a system that has a DVD, and install
there.
I had to "tweak a few things" because of how the install process worked,
and the differences in hardware between this DVD-capable system and my
target systems, but, after said futzing, I had a HD that would boot my
target systems, and I could dupe the drive for all the product we make.

After that, the drive is a "programmable part", and the code we run is
an application we update in the field...
...if you're a server environment, your hurdles will not be the same as
mine.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

With an HP DL140 we open the cover and temporarily plug in a  standard atapi 5.25 DVD drive in place of the CD drive.

--
Stephen Clark
NetWolves