Re: Changing Host Name

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:06 PM, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks to all of you who are answering my dumb questions about my new
CentOS instgallation.

I modified /etc/hosts, as the hostname man page seemed to suggest, and
rebooted. The hostname is still localhost. I want to change it to
jjb-centos. I also want to change the domain name to abilitiessoft.com

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA

You can change the host name by modifying the /etc/sysconfig/network

--
Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez