Re: Bind97

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM, listmail <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I notice that CentOS 5.6 release notes say that bind97 is now included.
However, my CentOS 5.6 installations have bind 9.3. I'm guessing that bind97
is not installed by default, due to the possibility of config file breakage or
something. It looks like you have to explicitly install the bind97* packages.

I don't see anything in the release notes about how to handle the transition
from bind 9.3 to bind 9.7. Has anyone done this, or seen a list of potential
pitfalls?

They are two different set of packages (bind and bind97).

You'll probably have to backup your config files and uninstall bind first, since they install files on the same locations.

--
Giovanni Tirloni