[Centos] email server partition scheme

Daniel Wright wrote:

> As someone new to setting up an email server and actually in the
> process of researching it,  I have actually found the thread,
> "sendmail vs. postfix" very interesting.  The one thing that is not
> clear to me is the partition scheme that is best for an email server.
>
> I would like to here what people are using for their partition setup.
> Anyone care to share?

For email servers specifically, the only thing I have found necessary is
to make absolutely sure to have a hard /etc and /var partitions set up.
That way, if your machine is completely dead, you can always re-install
over the root partition without losing your actual data.

Saved my toosh once when my backups failed.