[Centos] Apxs path centos 4.0

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:08:48 +0200, Vaneet Sharma <vaneet@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I downloaded httpd-devel from
>
> http://download.centos.ru/centos/4.0/apt/i386/RPMS.os/
>
> And I tried
>
>  rpm -ivh httpd-devel-2.0.52-9.ent.centos4.1.i386.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         apr-devel is needed by httpd-devel-2.0.52-9.ent.centos4.1.i386
>         apr-util-devel is needed by
> httpd-devel-2.0.52-9.ent.centos4.1.i386
>         pcre-devel is needed by httpd-devel-2.0.52-9.ent.centos4.1.i386
>     Suggested resolutions:
>
> /home/buildcentos/CENTOS/en/4.0/i386/CentOS/RPMS/apr-devel-0.9.4-24.1.i3
> 86.rpm
>
> /home/buildcentos/CENTOS/en/4.0/i386/CentOS/RPMS/apr-util-devel-0.9.4-17
> i386.rpm
>
> /home/buildcentos/CENTOS/en/4.0/i386/CentOS/RPMS/pcre-devel-4.5-3.i386.r
> pm
>
> Sir, What do u suggest ?

I suggest you use 'yum' to handle packages. It will automatically
reolve the dependencies for you and prompt you to confirm the
installation. It will then download and install the 'latest' packages
for that software. So, using yum do the following:

# yum install httpd-devel

It will give prompt you to confirm and it will show the the same two
dependencies that rpm picked up. If you choose not to use yum,
download the packages from the same repo where you got httpd-devel and
install them first.

Regards