Re: 5.6 is out, great my first upgrade didn't work...

To follow-up on my own storry, I got there this morning, expecting to
find the server stuck at fsck or somthing similar, only to find it with
only the sord "GRUB" on the screen, and beeping like crazy. I didn't
have any iso nor centos cd with me, so I'll get back there this
after-noon with a portable cd-drive and centos cd.

To be continued...

Ouch, that hurts. Do please follow up. :)

Indeed... I really don't know what went wrong... I booted in rescue mode, I did uninstalled the unsed old kernel, did grub-install /dev/sda, and rebooted. The server now boots normally...

Lessons of the storry: if you don't have a remote kvm, be at te console when upgrading !