[Centos] wifi cluelessness

centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/24/2005 06:12:38 PM:

> 1. Pull the Windows driver files off your supplied disc or download from
the
> manufactuers website. Pull the files from disc or download that start
with
> (.inf & .SYS); Copy over to your /home folder.

Would you believe that this was the hardest part?  It's a mini-PCI card
that identifies as an ATheros AR5212.  After pounding my head against a
few very solid walls, I figured out that I needed the NET5211.INF &
AR5211.SYS files.  Really obvious.  Grrrrr.

> Your Windows driver should now be loaded and ready for you to configure
your
> card settings and router using "IWconfig".
>
> If your still not sure how to do it. Type in " man iwconfig "
> There's plenty of examples and help in there.

No WAPs at work, so I'll have to wait until I get home to finish this.

Thank you very much for your help, it made a _huge_ difference.  ALso, it
looks like I have managed to get wireless working on Linux faster than I
did on Windows.

-- Matt