Re: Feeding CentOS build results to twitter (was: Centos 6 Update?)

On Monday, April 04, 2011 10:43:08 PM R P Herrold wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, Digimer wrote:

> > As an aside, does the CentOS build environment (understanding that it

> > needs to be built, too), able to tweet something like "last build; X

> > packages OK, Y packages failed"?

> This was done on a trailling basis for a couple side arch's

> builders by me and another. It turns out to be a lot of

> chatter and 'noise', and not much 'signal'

Very true but, at least in my experience, signal doesn't matter in such a case cause most people that waited and complained anyway don't know what to really look for. They just want a progress meter of some form... A simple countdown of package numbers would probably be sufficient.

Peter.

--

Censorship: noun, circa 1591. a: Relief of the burden of independent thinking.