-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mar 24, 2005 10:51 AM
To: CentOS discussion and information list <centos@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> 1.  There are a group of people who want a separate announce list.
> [...]
> 2.  There is another group people who say ... a separate list is not
> good, I already subscribe to this list, I don't want to subscribe to
> another list.
> [...]
> all this said ... we can't make everyone in group 1 and group 2
> happy ...

Of course you can.  Create the announcement list, and then gateway it
to the regular list.  This way, people who just want the announcements
can subscribe to the announcement list, and the people who are on the
regular list will receive the annoucements there.

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.