[Centos] How to make a mirror of CentOS sites?

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 18:07, Foster, Mark wrote:
> This is how we are doing it here. I setup an rsync job to sync the files
> from one of the Centos mirrors to our local server, told apache to serve
> up that directory, and fashioned a yum.conf which pointed at that URL.
> This way we are able to track updates, but freeze the repository to do a
> site-wide rollout over the course of a few weeks without worrying about
> untested packages sneaking in.
>
> I'm happy to share our script and/or config if you want more details.

I'll have to do it that way one of these days...  Doing http through a
proxy cache takes care the bandwidth issue but it doesn't give you
any control over the contents.  I really wish the package manager
programs had some kind of revision control concept even if it was
as simple as 'ignore updates newer than timestamp' where timestamp
is the point where you have tested, so you don't have surprises
on production machines.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx