[Centos] Re: How to make a mirror of CentOS sites?

On Tue, March 22, 2005 9:23 am, Tru Huynh said:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 10:42:00AM -0500, israel.garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ralph, thanks for your soon answer, but my access to internet is
>> trough http
>> proxies, rsyn is not allowed. I think wget  can do this but I dont know
>> how?
>>
> use lftp(1)
>
> lftp your_ftp_target <<EOF
> cd ...../centos
> mirror
> EOF
>
> Tru

I second Tru's recommendation for lftp (if rsync can't be used).

You can mirror either an http or ftp tree.  It won't redownload items that
already exist.

The only real difference is that if you need to redownload something (like
an ISO) it doesn't recoup old data ... which rsync does do.

You really need to get rsync enabled ... as it greatly minimizes bandwidth
usage on files that change, but have the same name.

But if you can't use rsync, then I think lftp is the most flexible tool.

--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>