[Centos] um update - error

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:36:02 +0800, Denny Prasetya <lineos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> just tried 'yum update' this morning and found this error below.
> anybody could help me to tell what's the problem? last week I did 'yum
> update' without any problem.

Have you tried it again?  That URL works for me, so I'm guessing it
was a temporary problem.

> [root@mymachine]# yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up Repos
> update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================|  15 kB    00:00
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from update: [Errno 256] No
> more mirrors to try.

It reads like there are two problems here: a checksum problem and a
"too few mirrors in the conf files" problem.

The checksum problem (again) seems like it was probably a short term
problem.  If you try again, I'll bet it will work.  The probably of
"no more mirrors" can be solved by adding a couple of extra mirrors to
your yum.conf or your /etc/yum.repos.d/  "man yum.conf" for more
information on adding mirrors.  You can find more mirrors to add to
your yum.conf in the
http://centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13 page and read
about which ones are already added via http://mirror.centos.org DNS
passing See this thread for more information:
http://lists.caosity.org/pipermail/centos/2005-March/003745.html

Greg