[Centos] raid mirroring on existing CentOS 4 installation?

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 22:20, Michael Weisman wrote:
> Before you buy anything, be aware of the fact that CentOS4 does not have
> "built-in" support for either 3ware or adaptec SATA RAID cards, In fact, it
> doesn't support many raid cards, at all.

Do the 3w-9xxx and 3w-xxxx drivers not cover any of the SATA variants?

> Your best best will be the LSI or MegaRaid cards.
>
> Also, if you read the digest version of this list, since the beginning of the
> month, there were quite a number of posts regarding Raid and CentOS4,
> including a few from me.

The Areca SATA RAID cards are not supported out of the box on CentOS
4.0, but I'm providing drivers built for the CentOS kernels, which seem
to work fine on the card I have here.

Matt