[Centos] dag

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:57:40PM +0800, Jason enlightened us:
>    After setting up dag.repo in /etc/yum.repo, and tried yum update, yum
> will try to update my system from dag even it is originally from
> centos.org. The reason for us to choose CentOs instead of Fedora is the
> stability of the OS. And the reason of getting pacakages from dag is there
> is something we need, which is not offered by CentOs. If dag packages will
> overwritten CentOs, surprises may arises.
>
>    Is there a method that yum only update packages from CentOs if it is
> originally from CentOs, and update from dag if it is originally from dag?

The best way to currently do this is to disable the dag repo in your
dag.repo file.

[dag]
enabled=0

When you need to install a package from the dag repository, you can enable
it on the command line

yum --enablerepo=dag install foobar

Matt

--