[Centos] Apache config for Squirrelmail?

This question either has an incredibly simple answer, or none at all.
 In either case I cannot find a straight-forward explanation on how
to configure a virtual host for squirrelmail to take a host name
directly to the user interface without adding /webmin to it.

If I try to connect to http://webmail.harte-lyne.ca with the virtual
server configured with "DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail" then I
end up at the default CentOS server configuration page. However if I
connect to http://webmail.harte-lyne.ca/webmail with "Alias /webmail
/usr/share/squirrelmail" then I bring up the squirrelmail user logon
page.

My squirrelmail.conf contents (as of this writing) are:

#
# SquirrelMail is a webmail package written in PHP.
#
<Directory /usr/share/squirrelmail>
    RewriteEngine       on
    RewriteCond         %{SERVER_PORT} !=443
    RewriteRule         ^.* - [F]
    ErrorDocument       403 https://xxxxxxx.harte-lyne.ca/webmail
</Directory>

Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

<VirtualHost>
ServerAlias webmail.*
ServerAdmin xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail

<Directory /usr/share/squirrelmail>
        DirectoryIndex  index.php
        RewriteEngine   on
        RewriteCond     %{SERVER_PORT} !=443
        RewriteRule     ^.* - [F]
        ErrorDocument   403 https://webmail.harte-lyne.ca/webmail
</Directory>

Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

</VirtualHost>

What I desire is for users to reach the webmail interface directly
from a host name and not require them to append /webmail to the base
url.  What configuration directives do I need to accomplish this?

--

***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca