[Centos] Zope on CentOS3

Avtar Gill wrote:

> I'd like to give Zope a test drive and I was curious if anyone out
> there is currently using Zope 2.7 on CentOS 3.4
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/zope/
>
> Dag's packages seem to be targeted for RHEL4.  Worst case scenario,
> I'll move one server to CentOS4 but I thought I would ask on the list
> before upgrading.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Avtar

Zope.org: "Zope 2.7 requires Python 2.3.2 or later. Zope versions 2.5
and 2.6 require a Python 2.1 version equal to or greater than 2.1.3"

Centos 3.4 only has Python 2.2.3.

If you want to run Zope 2.7 you can build yourself a python from the
source code.  I have built one of these so far, and I built it so that
the python, zope and zope instance were all in the same directory.

For instance: /home/user/zope

I don't have a document describing the process, which was a bit involved
at times.

Running it on Centos4 would be quite a bit easier.

-Mike