[Centos] CentOS 4 and User-Mode-Linux

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 08:06 -0600, Matt Lawrence wrote:

> centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/16/2005 06:43:01 AM:
>
> > anyone out there running User Mode Linux kernels on CentOS 4? I'm
> > seeking for some people to exchange experience. Have to learn using
> > UML for my university courses and would like to be able to use the
> > CentOS4 installation on my laptop for it.
>
> Not yet.  I am running it on FC3, so it should be quite similar.  One
> of the nifty things I'm doing is using yum abd chroot to build the
> file containing the root filesystem.  Very handy.

Can you explain how this was done (or possibly post it online
somewhere ;-) ?

I tend to do a lot of cross-distro development and I find it very useful
to work in chroots of other environments. I love debootstrap under
Debian and have often pined for something similar I could use under
RPM-based distros for quickly setting up a chroot environment.

--
.O.                                         Sam Hart, sam@xxxxxxxxxxx