[Centos] What's the biggest software raid partition?

Kurt Bechstein wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 08:06, Ho Chaw Ming wrote:
>

>>Is there anyway to patch it to > 2TB? Or do installing 2.6.x kernels solve
>>the problem?
>>
>>regards
>>

>I cannot speak directly as far as raid goes but I know in 2.6 kernels
>the maximum file system size has been increased to 16TB up from the 2TB
>of the 2.4 series..

That is certainly true.  I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the
failure mode the original poster is experiencing though.  From his
description, it seems the array was built and then incorrectly reported
itself as a ~50gig partition.  That's really really odd.

An easy solution for that poster (barring an upgrade to a 2.6 kernel)
would be to remove a couple of disks from the array and then give it
another try.  If it was me, I'd probably bounce Centos 3.x and pave over
the system with Centos 4.0.  There are a number of other improvements in
addition to the ability to access partitions greater than 2TB.

Cheers,