Re: /etc/rc.conf on CentOS 5.5?

I am investigating an Apache change I was told about that involved adding apache22_http_accept_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf, but I don't think this exists on CentOS 5.

You'd do that on FreeBSD. FreeBSD can collect a complete HTTP request in the kernel and only wake up Apache when the data is available. This lowers the amount of context switching that goes on.

Nice trick but it does not apply to Linux and CentOS.

(/etc/rc.conf on FreeBSD contains a lot of a system's configuration, e.g. network setup, which services to run, command line flags passed to services, etc.)