Re: yum difference

>>>Redhat uses yum rhnplugin to download packages from rhnet.
>>>
>>>It's only difference. rhnplugin is closed source system that ties into
>>>rhn.redhat.com
>>
>> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/yum-rhn-plugin-0.9.1-5.el6.src.rpm
>>
>> Is this the package?
>
>Yes, and it has a stack of dependencies to manage RHEL authentication.
>Frankly, I always disable it except on a host that is downloading a
>local RHEL mirror with "reposync", and which is my local yum
>repository. That makes the components available to non-root users for
>review and downloading, one of the great flaws of that plugin.

Do you know where I can find extensive information how the mechanism of updates works. Is there development documentation which shows how the source code works? So far I haven't seen such papers. I'm not experienced developer so I can't trace the source code to see how it works.

And I'm going to change to change my web mail soon.