Re: What commands are available in recovery mode?

2010/12/30 Bill Campbell <centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010, Mark wrote:
>I have a CentOS VM that I messed up and it now can't find /home
>(because it's gone), so it comes up in recovery mode.

Would a manual fsck help fix this?

>What can I do in recovery mode?  It won't let me modify any files,
>which makes it hard to fix the fstab, so ...???

This command will remount the root file system read-write so you
can edit things.

mount -n -oremount,rw /

When you're done this will remount read-only.

mount -n -oremount,ro /

wasn't

chroot /mnt/sysimage

the standard first step after starting in rescue mode?

--
Through political strategy they keep us hungry and, when you gonna get some food, your brother got to be your enemy.
(Ambush in the Night - Robert Nesta Marley)