Re: display issue after installing centos 5.5 on hp probook 4420s

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Keith Roberts <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Agnello George wrote:

> From: Agnello George <agnello.dsouza@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: display issue after installing centos 5.5 on hp probook
>     4420s
>
> HI
>
> I was just assigned a laptop with a pre install windows 7 in it. I decide to
> dual boot this server with cent os 5.5 , i did a "linux text " at the boot
> prompt as anaconda was not able to display the graphis screen ( it was
> barely viable ) . The installation happened perfect , but when i start x
> windows " startx" or init3 , i can barely see the display. I dont know where
> the issue lies , what module do i need to load .The display is barely
> visible .
>
> Thanks for all the help !!

Are you running on the mains charger?

Is there some sort of key configuration on your laptop to
adjust the brightness of the display?

Kind Regards,

I tried that but it didnt work ..

..i was able to successfully install fedora 9 (after booting it 4 times ) ..humm , but was not able to detect the sound card  and the wireless card .

the graphics card is Intel HD Graphics

--
Regards
Agnello D'souza