From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of John Hinton
Sent: 08 March 2005 15:29
To: CentOS discussion and information list
Subject: Re: [Centos] Fun with RAID (Again!)

 Nigel Kendrick wrote:

>Ok, so I'm playing with an IT8212 dual channel IDE controller in an old
>Dell PowerEdge 1300. I managed to compile the drivers and install them
>as a module with mkinitrd and everything worked fine.

I made the discovery on an old test Compaq 3000R 300mHtz box, the LVM
and its compaq raid will not work. I normally do my own drive setup, but
figured I'd just throw 4.0 on this box to find any issues. It made it
through some of the init scripts... I don't remember exactly where, but
I think it crashed when looking for a kernel, which would have been
about Grub time.

Seems some changes have been made to LVM... might be worth a shot if
your doing this.

John Hinton