[Centos] tripwire / Extras pkgs

Matt Bottrell wrote:
> Contribs possibly?  *shrugs*
>
> As a general question.. how does one go about upping additional packages?
>
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:00:53 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic
> <amilivojevic@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>Compiled it on CentOS 4.0, tested, and it seems to be working correctly.
>>  Would this be a good candidate for including in addons, extras,
>>centosplus, or contribs repository?  As far as I can see, Dag doesn't
>>include it in his repository, and Fedora Extras is, well, only for Fedora.

If there is something that you want added to contrib's on CentOS4, get
in touch with me or Johnny. But before you do that, check list :

- that its not a Base Pkg
- not hosted by Dag
- not a part of Fedora Extras.

Then, think of what is involved, and if you are ready to track that
package for security fx's, changes, updates for a CentOS release cycle.

If the pkg requires some changes to the base pkg tree, we might still
consider hosting it - if its of general use to people ( eg. php5 makes
for a good candidate here ).

As far as Fedora Extras is concerned, I have the complete tree built
here in testing - its been built on and for CentOS4. If you are
interested in helping me test these pkgs, email me offlist and I will
share the repo details with you. I dont want to publish the repo details
as yet, since there are lots of things not tested.

Any packages hosted by Dag and also a part of Fedora Extras ( there are
a _lot_ ) will not make it through - I prefer you use Dag's repo for those.

- K
--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc