[Centos] Problem: Hangs at GRUB prompt after install.

I think that the installer (anaconda?) is broken in respect to
installing grub on ANY raid-1 disk.

I've tried 3 times to use the GUI install to install a simple IDE-based
raid-1 set-up (hda & hdc) and all three installs hung at the grub prompt.

In contrast, installing a raid-1 set-up with 3.4 (or 3.3) via GUI is
successful.  However anaconda will ONLY write/install grub onto the IDE
disk of your choice (hda or hdc).  Not both, which it should!!!

On my 3.4 installs, I reboot the system to make sure that the raid-1
set-up is successful booting off of your "primary" disk (in this case,
hda).  Then I finish it by installing grub on the second disk (hdc),
like this,

# grub
grub> root (hd1,0)
  Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0xfd

grub> setup (hd1)
  Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... yes
  Checking if "/boot/grub/stage2" exists... yes
  Checking if "/boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5" exists... yes
  Running "embed /boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5 (hd1)"...  16 sectors are
embedded.
succeeded
  Running "install /boot/grub/stage1 (hd1) (hd1)1+16 p
(hd1,0)/boot/grub/stage2 /boot/grub/grub.conf"... succeeded
Done.

grub> quit

I've tried to search Redhat's bugzilla about this but I couldn't turn up
anything.  Note: I'm not that adept at searching their database.

So, I don't know if this is a Centos issue or a RHEL4 issue.  My guess
is that this is a RHEL4 issue since the GUI raid-1 install using
centos-3.4 works sucessfully.

Michael