[Centos] PostgreSQL & SELinux problem

Vic Ricker wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just installed Centos 4.  I'm pretty sure that I chose to have it
> install postgresql but when the system came up, it wasn't there.  No
> worries.  I installed it from the net with 'yum'.  Unfortunately, when I
> started it up and it tried to init the database, I got a bunch of
> SELinux errors:

[snip]

> I was able to get it working by doing:
>
> service postgresql stop
> rm -rf ~postgres/data
> setenforce 0
> service postgresql start
> setenforce 1
>
> I haven't tested it very well but it seems to have worked so far.
>
> -Vic

Hi Vic.

I was successful in creating databases once I used your instructions.  I
have another issue, however... the "createlang" command fails silently.
Typing the "createlang" command, in any permutation, results in a silent
return to the command line.

Would you mind trying createlang and reporting back whether or not you
have any success with it?  Maybe something like:  createlang -l template1

I'd be curious if even  createlang --help produces any output.

Thanks!

Barry