OpenLDAP, PAM, GDM Configuration on CentOS 5.5

Hello:

I am currently establishing a LDAP installation for my department and hope to get a little help on some of the finer details of the configuration. OpenLDAP 2.3.43-12 is currently installed, configured and running on one of my servers with a few client installations querying authentication information from it. The ppolicy schema has been added to the configuration and a password policy has been added to the directory under “cn=default,ou=Policies,dc=domain,dc=com”. Users are able to authenticate properly on the client machines to at least login; however, I have been unable to achieve the following functions:

- Force user to change password on first login and display a prompt from gdm to facilitate the change

- Lock user account from access and display a message from gdm to that fact

These workstations are being used in a restricted mode so that the user may only work within X and may not open a terminal.

Any help with this particular problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Trevor T. Kates

Associate Software Systems Engineer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.