Another wireless problem

Hi folks

I have my Linksys WUSB54GC USB wifi card already working.

Now I have another issue. Accidentally I tuned off my AP, and when switched it on again my wireless link is still down. I have to unplug the USB card and plug it again to get it working again.

I'm new in wireless matter but this doesn't sounds logical to me. What if I loose the link for whatever reason? Should I have to unplug my usb card and plug it again? I don't think so, right?

So, wich is the workaround here? Maybe there is a service I'm noy running wich detects the when the link comes up and conect automatically again?

Thanks in advance

David