[Centos] End Of Life : CentOS 4 i386 ( Rc1/ Beta2/ Beta ) and CentOS 4 ia64 (Rc1/ Beta )

Pre release versions of CentOS 4 i386/ia64, have now been EOL'ed.
Everyone using any of the following  is requested to upgrade to the
Final Release version.

- - CentOS 4 i386 / Beta
- - CentOS 4 i386 / Beta2
- - CentOS 4 i386 / Rc1
- - CentOS 4 ia64 / Beta
- - CentOS 4 ia64 / Rc1

The repositories for these distributions have now been removed from the
master CentOS.org servers, we expect most mirrors to also sync with this
in the next 24 hours. There are no updates, security fix's or package
enhancements being posted for EOL versions.

As a base policy, the only issues entertained by CentOS developers on
these versions will be 'upgrade to Final Release' related. Everything
else will get a standard 'get the final release please' notice.

Our recommended process to move from any of these Releases is via a full
reinstall. If you wish to use a yum based upgrade process, the following
 steps have been known to work. Before starting with the yum process, we
recommend disabling all non CentOS distribution repositories.

- ---- For i386 ------------

1. rpm --import http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

2. rpm -Fvh
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/centos-release-4-0.1.i386.rpm

3. yum upgrade

4. reboot

- ---- For ia64 ------------

1. rpm --import http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

2. rpm -Fvh
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/ia64/CentOS/RPMS/centos-release-4-0.1.ia64.rpm

3. yum upgrade

4. reboot

For issues faced during the process or after, we prefer bug's and issues
be reported via the bug tracker at http://www.centos.org/bugs

- --
Karanbir Sing <kbsingh@xxxxxxxxxx>