[Centos] When will the source RPMs for CentOS 4.0 be released?

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 01:24 -0800, David J. Mellor wrote:
> Is there any estimate for when the source RPMs for CentOS 4.0 will be
> released? Looking on the mirrors there are only a handful of packages
> currently in 4.0/os/SRPMS. Are there any plans to produce ISO images of
> the source RPMs, as was done for the CentOS 3.4 release?
>
> Thanks,
> David Mellor.

David,

The SourceRPMS will be a combined group for x86, ia64, ppc, and x86_64.
No need to release 4 separate media sets since the same SRPMS are used
for each distro for 99.9% for the packages.  Combining gives the user
more Bittorrent seeds for the content and takes up much less diskspace.

We are putting the finishing touches on the SRPMS as we work on x86_64,
in case any other SRPMS need changing to build that final release of
that product.

Expect a full DVD (and cd set) for SRPMS with (or very soon after) the
x86_64 release.

BTW ... all the files we changed are in the SRPMS now ... all the other
source files are the ones from the upstream vendor ... and are available
here:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/

or here:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS/