Re: GRUB woes: GRUB Hard Disk Error

Update: on a hunch, I tried installing Ubuntu Server.  Interestingly, the GRUB installation failed during setup, however the LILO installation completed successfully, the Ubuntu installation boots correctly.

For me, the whole reason to start using CentOS was to move away from Ubuntu.
I could do 3 things:
Try to install grub under Ubuntu and then use this http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/InstallFromGRUB as a guide, or

Something like this:  The above except using LILO, or

Try to install the LILO boot loader after a CentOS installation; in rescue mode.

Better ideas or suggestions?

TIA

Rob