Re: Suggestion on Share folder

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
I need some advise on how best manage a share folder.
We have a 2TB samba share. Inside there is individual user sub-folder,
and also there are team's folders.
We use one shared account for all users.

The problem is:
The user abuse the space usage.

My thought:
- Implement quota for each user.
- But the implication is each user must have their own account and
this potentially gives additional hassle when someone forgets the
password.

Anyone has similar experience? Much appreciated for the thoughts.
Thank you.

Your problem means  to Samba Quotas using LDAP. isn't right ?

So you can try google "samba quota ldap "  , hope it will help you ...